How Would You Make A "splash" Of Water?

Decorating By JudyDP Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 7:20am by prterrell

JudyDP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JudyDP Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 7:03am
post #1 of 4

Could someone please tell me how to make a "splash" of water? I would like it to be an exaggerated "splash"... "cartoonish". I made a flat splash on wax paper with royal icing, but I don't want it "flat"...I need the water to extend up a couple of inches or so. I would like to have a ball splashing in water, but I can't figure out what medium to use or how to make it. Any suggestions? Thanks ahead of time.

3 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 7:10am
post #2 of 4

I would do it out of poured sugar. You heat the sugar to hard crack stage. Remove from heat and immediately add coloring (if using). A single drop will provide plenty of color. Then pour the sugar in a mold made of greased foil. Once the sugar sets, you can peel of the foil and the sugar will retain the shape of the splash!

JudyDP Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JudyDP Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 7:19am
post #3 of 4

Gosh, prterrell....Thank you so much for your quick response. That is exactly what I was thinking about, but I have NEVER tried poured sugar, and didn't know if it would hold up or not. I am so happy that you suggested that it would. I had read about isomalt, and thought about ordering some to see if that would work, but sugar would be the same. I am so happy for the response and directions! Thank You

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 7:20am
post #4 of 4

You're welcome. Meh....having some insomnia tonight. You're benefiting from it. So that's all to the good! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%