How Would You Make A "splash" Of Water?

Decorating By JudyDP Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 7:20am by prterrell

JudyDP Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 7:03am
post #1 of 4

Could someone please tell me how to make a "splash" of water? I would like it to be an exaggerated "splash"... "cartoonish". I made a flat splash on wax paper with royal icing, but I don't want it "flat"...I need the water to extend up a couple of inches or so. I would like to have a ball splashing in water, but I can't figure out what medium to use or how to make it. Any suggestions? Thanks ahead of time.

3 replies
prterrell Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 7:10am
post #2 of 4

I would do it out of poured sugar. You heat the sugar to hard crack stage. Remove from heat and immediately add coloring (if using). A single drop will provide plenty of color. Then pour the sugar in a mold made of greased foil. Once the sugar sets, you can peel of the foil and the sugar will retain the shape of the splash!

JudyDP Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 7:19am
post #3 of 4

Gosh, prterrell....Thank you so much for your quick response. That is exactly what I was thinking about, but I have NEVER tried poured sugar, and didn't know if it would hold up or not. I am so happy that you suggested that it would. I had read about isomalt, and thought about ordering some to see if that would work, but sugar would be the same. I am so happy for the response and directions! Thank You

prterrell Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 7:20am
post #4 of 4

You're welcome. Meh....having some insomnia tonight. You're benefiting from it. So that's all to the good! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%