Coach Bag Cake - Logo Help

Decorating By cemone Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 10:20am by Ren715

cemone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cemone Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 4:12am
post #1 of 5

Doin a coach bag cake for a friends 32nd birthday this wk. And i wondering if u ladys would share how you all make the coach logo. Please n thank you!

4 replies
cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 4:36am
post #2 of 5
shelbycompany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbycompany Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 4:41am
post #3 of 5

Hi! I made one and I printed out the logo and traced it onto the cake. I then took a paint brush and hand painted the logos with brown food color gel. It was a PITA but now I have the cricut machine to do that for me. Hope the pic attached shows up.
LL

tron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tron Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 5:48am
post #4 of 5

Shelby, how do you get the cricut to do the C's? I thought it only cut the images on the cartridges.

Ren715 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ren715 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:20am
post #5 of 5

Tron,

If you purchase MTC (Make the Cut) or SCAL2 (Sure Cuts a Lot) you can get the logo from a scan, a picture, the Internet, etc. Once in your computer you can import it into the program (MTC or SCAL2). You will need a photo editing program to help you clean up the logo or separate it from a photo. I personally use MTC. I don't know if Shelby uses the Cricut Expression or the Cricut Cake, but you can get the logo printed on either machine (there are numerous threads on how to accomplish this). You can also make a stencil. Both programs are user friendly and both have trial versions so you can "test drive" them before purchasing. Oh, I almost forgot...you can also use any font that's on your computer. The things you can print are only limited by your imagination.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%