Icing Design

Decorating By ashleyj Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 3:14pm by ashleyj

ashleyj Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 2:30am
post #1 of 5

Does anyone know what icing tip might be used in this pic to create the vertical lines?
Thank You!

4 replies
leily Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 2:31am
post #2 of 5

I have this book, but where atm i don't know.

You could use the basketweave tip (just have the flat side out) or a rose tip like 104. The rose tip would probably be a little bit more dramatic with the one side a little thicker than the other.

crisseyann Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 2:53am
post #3 of 5

I think the icing looks like it was "scored" with something rather than piped. Looks cool though! icon_biggrin.gif

iamcakin Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 11:37am
post #4 of 5

I would try a 101 or even 101S, they're shaped like the rose tip only smaller.
I like the look of this cake - let us know how it turns out.

ashleyj Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 3:14pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks you guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%