4 replies
JanH Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 1:41am
post #2 of 5
silvana43 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 12:15pm
post #3 of 5

thank you grazie

KHalstead Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 12:32pm
post #4 of 5

I've made 2 so far (only have pics of 1) here on CC.

Anyhow..........I made mine using 2-12x18x2 cakes, baked, cut them in half and stacked them up...so they were a rectangle that was 8" tall (4 layers of cake) and length and width were 12"x9". Then for the top part of the slot machine I used a piece of styrofoam for one cake, the one pictured below was done making the top slanted section and top out of rice krispie treats.

I made 50/50 fondant/gumpaste panels. Basically drew myself a "template" on paper that was the width and height of the cake plus the rice krispie treats (I carved the rkt based on this template as well)...and used that to cut out pieces of gumpaste/fondant mix. Allowed them to dry for a couple days (cut out one piece for each side of the cake)...then handpainted the designs on them using americolor gels straight out of the bottle.

Used a piece of cardboard, put the gmpaste panels right side down on the cardboard sheet, iced the whole cake...butted the panel up along the bottom of the cake and then using the cardboard pushed the panel up and into place on the side of the cake.

Continue with all panels, and then join the edges/seams with royal icing dyed the same color as your panels.

Give yourself time! It took me a long time to make this, of course EVERYTHING took me longer back then!!
LL

silvana43 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 5

thanks for the explanation you were very clear, your slot machine and too good, sorry but I can not write the `good English thanks so much i am italian

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%