Fl Certified Food Manager, Does It Matter Which Company?

Business By JCE62108 Updated 21 Apr 2010 , 9:08am by JCE62108

JCE62108 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JCE62108 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 12:55am
post #1 of 6

I figure they are all probably about the same. But those of you who have done this, do you recommend one over the other for any reason? I'm going to call one of them and book tomorrow.

There are 3 in FL:

1. National Registry of Food Safety Professionals (FSP Certificate) (800) 446-0257 Website: www.nrfsp.com

2. Thomson-Prometric (formerly Experior Assessments) (800) 624-2736 Website: www.prometric.com

3. National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation, ServSafe Program THROUGH THE LOCAL AFFILIATE LISTED BELOW:

(The Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association (FRLA) at: (866)372-7233 Website: www.safestaff.org)

5 replies
tcakes65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcakes65 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 2:06pm
post #2 of 6

I received my certification through the National Registry of Food Safety. One of the local colleges here has a monthly food safety course. The test is offered immediately follwing the course. Have you checked to see if any food safety certification courses are offered where you live?

JCE62108 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 10:01pm
post #3 of 6

Yeah, all the ones I listed above. icon_smile.gif Those are the only 3 I can use. There are a few classes starting soon in my area, I just didnt know if it even really matters which company I go through. If one has a better course than the other, etc.

I didnt book today, I had too much else going on, so maybe tomorrow Ill call around. icon_smile.gif

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:31pm
post #4 of 6

I took the first one, as well...It was a lecture style class followed by a test...If you passed, you became certified...They have a monthly newsletter that comes to me online.

Paul

brea1026 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brea1026 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 5:30am
post #5 of 6

I did the first one last week. I am in AZ and I just ordered the $50 online course. Once I was done with it they gave me instructions for setting an appt. to get my test taken. It was pretty good, but there were about 7-8 questions on my exam that were not at all covered in the material. I just gave those my best common sense guess and I got a 93%. (you have to get 75% to pass). It was super easy. I think it probably took me about 2 hours to go through the study material (they quote MUCH longer) and then I took the test a few days later. I am sure that the actual class would be beneficial, but for me I was really happy with the online course.

JCE62108 Posted 21 Apr 2010 , 9:08am
post #6 of 6

I was thinking of doing the class because I think you have to buy that package in order to retake the test for free if you need to. Did that same thing apply to the online course? I still havent called. I got sucked into my orders today. lol. Ill be working frantically the next few days to get stuff ready for this weekend, but Im still going to try to squeeze in calling them. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%