Need Some Help/advice On Scallops

Decorating By customcakes_stamford Updated 26 Apr 2010 , 12:01am by customcakes_stamford

customcakes_stamford Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 11:25pm
post #1 of 8

I have an order to make a birthday cake for a 2 yr old similar to the pic attached. I was wondering how i can do the scalloped / curve design on the pink fondant? are there cutters available or this needs to be done by hand?
not done this before and i definitely dont want it looking messy! Looking for some great advice/suggestions! thanks in advance.
LL

7 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 11:27pm
post #2 of 8

I would cut the fondant to the length and width needed, then make the scallops with a large circle cutter. Roll it up and then unroll as you apply it to the cake, to keep it from stretching out of shape.

hsmomma Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 1:00am
post #3 of 8

ditto. Have fun!

SPCC Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 1:06am
post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I would cut the fondant to the length and width needed, then make the scallops with a large circle cutter. Roll it up and then unroll as you apply it to the cake, to keep it from stretching out of shape.

this is what I was thinking as well.

ninatat Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 7:50pm
post #5 of 8

a lot of people use a piece of paper fold it and cut the edges and use as a pattern to follow

SpecialtyCakesbyKelli Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 6:03am
post #6 of 8

That is too sweet! I have a cutter that does that pattern... but you can do it like the others above posted for sure. Post pics.... would love to see your version!

dguerrant Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 7:07pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Exactly the way I did it, Good Luck!!!

customcakes_stamford Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:01am
post #8 of 8

thank you everyone! I cut the fondant to the desired length and width and used round cutters. although i still think i could have done it a lil better...but here's the final pic.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%