Help - Need Ideas For A Kite Cake

Decorating By dogluvr Updated 18 Apr 2010 , 9:29pm by dogluvr

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 6:08pm
post #1 of 4

I'm doing a cake for an autism fundraiser and the theme is kites....there are only a few kite cakes on this site...this will be for 175 people....any ideas would be greatly appreciated....

3 replies
mykidscakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mykidscakemaker Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 4

I found this one online, you could make the cake to feed enough people. The symbol for Autism is a puzzle piece... I wonder if you could make a puzzle piece kite?? Just a thought icon_smile.gif

[/img]
LL

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 8:16pm
post #3 of 4

When I think of kites, I think of picnics in the park with a lot of kites in the air, and people sitting or laying on blankets watching them fly. You could do a large cake or a multi tiered cake with a large top tier, with a little fondant kid(s) flying his/her kite(s) and then have a few people laying around on blankets watching the kite(s) in the air. The kid(s) dont even have to be standing. When I was a kid once it was in the air, I could sit on the grass and just tug on the string to keep it up there. You could also make up some picnics food to put on a blanket as well as park toys, such as different kinds of balls.

The kites could be made out of gum paste and you would use like a 24 gage wire covered in white chocolate to hold the kites up. Just run the wire through the molded kid so it looks like theyre holding the kite.

Okay, my mind ran away with me. Not sure how much work you want to put into this, but maybe this will give you a few ideas.

: O )

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 9:29pm
post #4 of 4

great....thank you very much for the ideas....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%