A Big Thank You To The Many Cc'er Who Helped Me Out

Decorating By glendaleAZ Updated 18 Apr 2010 , 5:54pm by mireillea

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 5:34pm
post #1 of 3

Good Morning my fellow CC addicts,

My son's wedding was yesterday and everything went very well. I drove 4 hours, and 80 mph, to get to the church/reception site. In the end, I had very little damage to the cakes. Just a few small stress fractures, but in all everything arrived just as they were before I left. I wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to everyone for all the support and help getting these two cakes made and delivered in one piece. I can't beleive this, but I was having such a good time that I completely forgot to take some pictures of the cakes after they were setup. As you can see, I did finally get a few shots of them, but only after they had already started moving them to be served. Oh well. Also, I take really bad pictures. LOL.

Youre all so wonderful and helpful.

Thanks,
Tammy

My sons Zombie cake was originally done by a decoration on Charm City Cakes. I just changed up the Zombies a little and of course tried to make the cake part look like my son. This one was so much fun. I even learned how to make the skeleton structure for the candy zombies with a propane torch and copper pipe. (and, in the process burned a very small section of my kitchen cabinet. LOL)

My DILs cake was my design. I purchased the stencil from GSA. I practiced two week before the wedding so I could get it right. The flowers are fondant with a little Gum-Tex added.
LL
LL

2 replies
emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 3

Congratulations! They look fantastic! How lucky your son and DIL are to have such a talented and caring (and brave!) person be such an important part of their celebration! Great job.

mireillea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mireillea Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 5:54pm
post #3 of 3

The cakes are wonderful! Great job!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%