Preliminary Wedding Cake???

Decorating By leeac63 Updated 18 Apr 2010 , 8:47pm by tinygoose

leeac63 Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 2:00pm
post #1 of 6

I have a bride and groom that are requesting a crazy order for a wedding cake... Tow truck, school bus, Buildings....
They asked for a preliminary cake....
Has anyone ever done that??? How detailed do you go with something like that??? I never heard of this.

5 replies
Elcee Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 2:07pm
post #2 of 6

Do they mean it to be like a test run? Are they planning on paying for it? Seems like if they have hired you they should already know what your work is like, right? I'm not in the business but it seems a little strange.

Peanut1027 Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 3:13pm
post #3 of 6

I've never heard of that. If they want a trial run they should pay for it. They need to take in consideration that even if it is a "trail run" there still is a cost for the dummie cakes fondant, time etc. If they want a plan I would give then a skecht and the basic idea that you have.

indydebi Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 8:27pm
post #4 of 6

"Sure! We can do a preliminary cake! I've never had a bride who wanted to pay for 2 weddings cakes before, but it's not a problem. THe cost of the preliminary cake will be exactly the same as your wedding cake. Will that be cash or credit card?"

neelycharmed Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 8:41pm
post #5 of 6

exactly what debi said... 2 cakes, 2 prices.
icon_smile.gif

tinygoose Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 8:47pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

"Sure! We can do a preliminary cake! I've never had a bride who wanted to pay for 2 weddings cakes before, but it's not a problem. THe cost of the preliminary cake will be exactly the same as your wedding cake. Will that be cash or credit card?"

I love Indydebi. Oh and if they want it half the size, remember it's twice the price.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%