Commercial Oven Recommendations

Business By ljeff Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 3:35am by Mencked

ljeff Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 11:54am
post #1 of 9

Hi! I'm looking into buying a commercial oven. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks!

8 replies
tcakes65 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 3:35pm
post #2 of 9

I have a Deluxe Oven (Model CR-2-4), and I love it. It has been very reliable, and I can bake several cakes at one time. It was well worth the investment.

nesweetcake Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 3:44pm
post #3 of 9

I also have the Deluxe CR-2-4 and love it! I bake at 310 degrees and have hardly any bumps and is great! Worth the investment and if you are an ICES member they have good pricing.

msauer Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 9

I am watching this thread for replies as I too, am interested in a commercial oven...I have another question for you two repliers (If you don't mind)...Are both of you in a commercial building as well? I don't know much about commercial ovens, but understand some are not recommended for use in a residential application (which is currently what I'm doing). Do you know anything about this? What about venting? Or a hood?

If anyone else has any information for me I am happy to hear your two cents!

Thanks!

descakes Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 5:29pm
post #5 of 9

I would also like to use a commercial oven in my home based buisness. Unfortunately the local building codes require a commercal fire supression system be installed if youre using any commercial kitchen equipment. You should check your local goverment office on building codes to determine whether a commercial oven would make sense fror you. Hope that helps.

tcakes65 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 5:53pm
post #6 of 9

My business is in a a commercial space, not residential. The oven is heavily insulated, and does not require a hood. This was something we had to address with our inspector. Russ at Deluxe Ovens provided a letter to our inspector and the Dept. of Ag explaining that a hood was not required. The letter provided certification by the manufacturer that the oven does not put off enough heat to warrant an exhaust hood. The Dept. of Ag accepted the letter, and we were not required to put in a hood or ventilation system. If your state does not agree, then you will have to put in a hood. We also had to have a 220v outlet installed to accommodate the oven.

pattycakesnj Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 6:17pm
post #7 of 9

I have a blodgett gas convection and love it. Super big and fast.

nesweetcake Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 12:39am
post #8 of 9

I'm home baker. Uses a 220 outlet/breaker etc. Talk with your local electrician. Mine was pretty simple as when we redid our garage to the bakery, just ran a 220 line and electrician did the rest. No venting necessary. Not much heat set off by the oven itself. Russ is great to work with at DeLuxe if you have any questions he can help. Love the oven as it is what they call convet-ray. Where there is not as much force of air being circulated as in a convection oven. Also heating elements are under each rack. To some the only down fall may be that the racks are not adjustable, because of that fact. I was somewhat skeptical of that before I purchased, but I don't mind at all. Only use it for cakes, cookies and breads, so it's perfect. Hope this helps.

Mencked Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:35am
post #9 of 9

I also have the Deluxe oven and LOVE it. I found mine (used) on Ebay for 1/2 the cost of a new one but it works perfectly. I'm in a commercial space (shop is across my driveway) and I did not have to put in a hood because of the design of this oven. Did I mention that I LOVE my Deluxe oven?!? It bakes so evenly and consistently!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%