For Those Of You Who Use The Viva Paper Towel Method...

Decorating By ptanyer Updated 18 Apr 2010 , 3:45am by ptanyer

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 3:08am
post #1 of 5

I have used Viva paper towels for several years now for the Viva method and like many of you have commented, the plain pattern free white Vival paper towel is not as clean and pristine as it used to be. I've had problems with paper lint all over it, especially when buying a large package (6 rolls vs the two pack).

Well, tonight I found a product that might just replace the Viva paper towel. It's by Kleenex and it's called the "Hand Towels". It's feels just like Viva, but comes in a box similar to a tissue box and has 2 folds in it. Our Walmart had a display set up where you could try one to see the feel of it, etc. I have a couple of samples and plan to try it when I do my next cake, but the lack of texture and the heaviness of it makes me think it will work just as well - and no lint!

Here's a link if you'd like to see it for yourself:
http://www.kleenex.com/handtowels/about.aspx. icon_smile.gif

4 replies
pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 3:28am
post #2 of 5

Interesting!

I noticed they don't have an FAQ section answering the burning question, can you smooth bc with them? LOL!

Keep us posted!

ptanyer Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 3:34am
post #3 of 5

I really think you can! It looks and feels just like Viva.

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 3:40am
post #4 of 5

Very interesting. I'm not noticing lint, but I do notice that the Viva leaves a bit of an impression, so I smooth with wax paper or computer paper too. But I'd rather use a paper towel. I'll be on the look out for these...thanks!

ptanyer Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 3:45am
post #5 of 5

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%