Freezing Cakes With Gumpaste Flowers

Decorating By jsfairman Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 6:12pm by DALIG

jsfairman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsfairman Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 2:53am
post #1 of 4

I need to freeze a small tiered wedding cake. it will be approx 5, 7, 9 inch cakes.
I have never really even froze a fondant covered cake to begin with, but do you know if I will be able to have gumpaste flowers on it? My thought is no, but I have been learning a lot of things lately that I have been wrong about!
Also how you would go about freezing it? put it in a cardboard box? it only has to be frozen for a weeek or so.

3 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 12:25pm
post #2 of 4

It's another example of the anesthesiologist who can put anyone to sleep, but has trouble waking them all up. The end results are not what you would be happy with.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 2:58pm
post #3 of 4

I am not sure if freezing a cake covered in fondant will work. Not sure it wont either, but I think it may sweat when it thaws. Good Luck! I would like to know how it turns out.

DALIG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DALIG Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 6:12pm
post #4 of 4

somebody post that she was able to freeze a cake covered in fondant and that it came out allright when she thaw it buy i cant really tell you about the gumpaste decorations. But why dont you give it a try with an old flower or something that is not that important and freeze it over night and tomorrow when you thaw it see what the results are and pls. post the results. Hope that was helpful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%