Copy A Logo Onto A Cake

Decorating By bensmama18 Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 1:09am by JessieMay

bensmama18 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 11:26pm
post #1 of 12

I need to put a logo on a fondant cake... any ideas? it's too hard to free hand and I want it to come out perfect.. please help icon_smile.gif

11 replies
sew4children Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 11:40pm
post #2 of 12

Edible image if you have the equipment. If not, trace the logo and lay it over the cake. Using a pin, poke holes through the paper into the cake so that you have the image on the cake. Another option is frozen buttercream transfer.

Good Luck!

iheartcupkakes Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 11:47pm
post #3 of 12

you could also do a royal icing image.. they turn out pretty neat

tmac670 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 11:49pm
post #4 of 12

You can also transfer the image with piping gel (clear) - just put the image under a sheet of parchment paper and trace with a tip 1, flip it over on to the cake and then you can pipe over that with colored buttercream. Just make sure that if it has lettering you copy from the reverse.

Here's where I learned it--

cakeandpartygirl Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 12:42am
post #5 of 12

You can also do a frozen butter cream transfer. They are pretty simple too.

goodiegoddess Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 1:02am
post #6 of 12

If you want to do an ediable image places that do it will usuall let you order it from them. Mine usually charges me $10 for an 8x10.

chellescountrycakes Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 1:37am
post #7 of 12

walmart will do them, but will NOT do a copywrited image.

Elaine2581 Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 1:40am
post #8 of 12

I'm not a pro but I did try my hand at putting a National Guard logo onto a buttercream cake. I have a picture posted here. I made a copy of the logo from a magazine on a regular copier, enlarged it to the size I wanted, cut each letter out of the paper and traced them onto some craft foam. Then I laid each onto my fondant and cut them with an exacto knife. It took some time but worked out pretty well. I realize that this method might not work if the logo is really complicated. I just remember that I did do something similar for our school's alumni cake. It is also posted here and is blue and white "Saint". I cut out one color and laid the paper of the other color on the crusted buttercream cake and pressed down lightly, removed the paper and filled in the color. It was one of my earlier cakes and I think I might could do a better job now. Hope these ideas are of some help.

bensmama18 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 11:13pm
post #9 of 12

how can i do it witht the royal icing?

miny Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 11:47pm
post #10 of 12

You can also use a projector and trace your image on the cake or over a piece of fondant or GP, then retrace and pipe some color on it. HTH

mmlj316 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 12:15am
post #11 of 12

Royal Icing is same as a frozen buttercream transfer. Take logo and place wax paper over it and just trace outline and then flood. TIP for FBT - Make sure if it has letters they are turned backwards before you trace and fill in or they will be backward when it is turned over on cake but it is not a problem with royal transfer.

JessieMay Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 1:09am
post #12 of 12

I also use the piping gel transfer method and it works wonders for me, very simple yet easy to trace using buttercream. When doing a piping gel transfer you will need to print your image off
backwards so that it will be the right way when you invert it onto your
cake. Cover the image with a piece of wax paper (I usually tape both of
them down to the table so they do not shift as I am working with them).
Take piping gel and put it in a back with a #1 or #2 tip depending on how
fine the details are. I tend to put just a touch of black coloring in my
piping gel so that I can see it as I am putting it on, and then just trace
your image onto the wax paper. I have found that the best way to get a
good, clear transfer is to allow the piping gel to dry completely. Spray
your cake with a background color of your choice by using Wilton's color
spray or an airbrush. Give that a few minutes to dry some and then invert
your image (piping gel side down) onto your cake. Using a paint brush,
gently brush over the lines of the design to impress the image onto the
cake. When you lift the transfer off of the cake, you should have a nice
clear outline of your design. Just don't let your buttercream crust too
hard or the color spray to get too dry or it won't lift the outline off
the cake. It took me a few tries to perfect it, but it's a great way to
get a clear outline of your design on the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%