Business Name

Business By fsinger84 Updated 18 Apr 2010 , 1:25am by 1234me

fsinger84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fsinger84 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 9:05pm
post #1 of 8

Oh I need some help! I am debating names and I can't decide without feedback or talking it out with others. So here is the situation.

I am about to start at the farmers market but I have been on the search for a commercial kitchen space for the last few months. If things go how I want I will be doing farmers market, then delivery orders made in a commercial kitchen then get my own shop. This is where I am having a hard time with the business name. I want to create a name and a identity that will see me from the farmers market to the storefront.

I am currently debating between Cupcake Retro and 417 Cupcake. I have been blogging and tweeting under the name Cupcake Retro for over a year and have become quite fond of the name. I chose that name because I love retro design and intend on having a retro vibe with retro decor and flavors in my shop. Oh and I will also be using either an older or newer vw bug for the deliveries. There is a business called Retro Bakery in NV but there are no trademarks for the name Cupcake Retro.

I decided on 417 Cupcake because 417 is the area code where I live and I intend on offering delivery services in the area code. I also chose that name because I am trying to get the phone number for the business to be 417-cup-cake. I am a bit weary of the name because there are other 417 ____ businesses in town already (cleaners, pizza, coffee)

I could really use some advice, which option would you prefer and why?

7 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 8

retro 417 cupcake ?

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

retro 417 cupcake ?

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I like this one.

sari66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sari66 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 10:53pm
post #4 of 8

I like the combo of both too! or 417 retro cupcakes?

iamcakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iamcakin Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 11:54pm
post #5 of 8

I like the combo too, but how about this?

Retro Cupcake 417

To me, it "flows" the best icon_smile.gif .

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 12:14am
post #6 of 8

Are you only planning on doing cupcakes, or doing cakes as well? If you're doing both, then I wouldn't have just "cupcake" in the name. I know it sounds cute, but you don't want to pocket yourself into this niche only if you're offering more.

But, that being said, I like Retro Cupcake or, conversely, Cupcake Retro, without the 417. If you're going to try for 417-CUP-CAKE anyway, you don't need the '417', IMO.

Good luck!

fsinger84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fsinger84 Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 12:51am
post #7 of 8

Only cupcakes no cakes.

1234me Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1234me Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 1:25am
post #8 of 8

I would not start my business name with a number - people don't know where to look when looking up your number in the phone book - just an idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%