Cake Supply Store In Indiana Area?

Decorating By bella00 Updated 27 Apr 2010 , 7:45pm by ALR1955

bella00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bella00 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 14

Can anyone please tell me, if there is a cake decorationg supply store in Indiana? Possibly around the Indianapoils area? I am looking for an impression mat and some premade gumpaste roses? Not to mention any other "fun" items I may come across icon_smile.gif Thanks in advance for everyones help

13 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 14

PM Indydebi. She knows where there's one.

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 7:16pm
post #3 of 14

hello fellow indiana! You know Wilton is near Chicago and they are having their tent sale soon!!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 7:36pm
post #4 of 14

I *think* Country Kitchen Sweet Art is in that area. www.countrykitchensa.com

bella00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bella00 Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 12:20am
post #5 of 14

Thanks SO much everyone icon_smile.gif

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 2:04am
post #6 of 14

Country Kitchen is in Ft. Wayne, not too far from Indianapolis. Been there several times, great store.
HTH

Cakeygoodness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeygoodness Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:07pm
post #7 of 14

I was just at KountryKitchen Sweetart last weekend. Great store with huge variety! Fort Wayne, IN

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 6:53pm
post #8 of 14

Country Kitchen is a bit far from Indy, especially seeing as Ms. B's is right there in Speedway.

http://www.msbssweetsupplies.com/

I do, however, prefer Country Kitchen, but seeing as both would take me over an hour to drive to from where I am, I stick with Internet orders. icon_wink.gif

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:08pm
post #9 of 14

Hello! I do love Country Kitchen...whenever I go I become a kid in a candy store! Ms. B's is ok, just call before you go to ensure they have it...you could also try Sweet Art Galleries (they make choco-pan). They carry a lot of cake supply goods...check out their site to see if they have the one you need...then you can just stop in icon_smile.gif

HTH

emrldsky Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:14pm
post #10 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by anasazi17

Hello! I do love Country Kitchen...whenever I go I become a kid in a candy store! Ms. B's is ok, just call before you go to ensure they have it...you could also try Sweet Art Galleries (they make choco-pan). They carry a lot of cake supply goods...check out their site to see if they have the one you need...then you can just stop in icon_smile.gif

HTH

I didn't know about Sweet Art Galleries! Indy is closer to where I am than Ft. Wayne, so this is nice. icon_biggrin.gif Do they have a nice walk-in shop? I'm a browser...

anasazi17 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:23pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Quote:

HTH

I didn't know about Sweet Art Galleries! Indy is closer to where I am than Ft. Wayne, so this is nice. icon_biggrin.gif Do they have a nice walk-in shop? I'm a browser...

I know when I found out you could go in to make purchases I about died..it's like 7 miles from my shop!! woohooo! It isn't really set-up like a typical retail shop...so if you like to browse it isn't the best but they are the kindest most genuine people ever! They do have a lot of goodies to view in their store front, plus they make really good rolling pins with designs in them!!

If you like to chat like I do...it is a good place, especially when Linda Shonk is there...she is amazing!! haha I sound like a commercial...but I do really like it!

emrldsky Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:25pm
post #12 of 14
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

HTH

I know when I found out you could go in to make purchases I about died..it's like 7 miles from my shop!! woohooo! It isn't really set-up like a typical retail shop...so if you like to browse it isn't the best but they are the kindest most genuine people ever! They do have a lot of goodies to view in their store front, plus they make really good rolling pins with designs in them!!

If you like to chat like I do...it is a good place, especially when Linda Shonk is there...she is amazing!! haha I sound like a commercial...but I do really like it!

That's good to know. icon_biggrin.gif I'll have to make a list of stuff I want and see if I can't make the drive.

I almost feel like I'm stuck out in the middle of nowhere when it comes to nice cake shops. You'd think that the immediate around surrounding Purdue University would have lots of great specialty shops, but NOPE! We have Kitchen Art (the store for cooks!), but Hobby Lobby and Michael's have a better selection.

Anyway, thanks so much for the info. icon_smile.gif

anasazi17 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:30pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

HTH

That's good to know. icon_biggrin.gif I'll have to make a list of stuff I want and see if I can't make the drive.

I almost feel like I'm stuck out in the middle of nowhere when it comes to nice cake shops. You'd think that the immediate around surrounding Purdue University would have lots of great specialty shops, but NOPE! We have Kitchen Art (the store for cooks!), but Hobby Lobby and Michael's have a better selection.

Anyway, thanks so much for the info. icon_smile.gif

I totally hijacked this posting...sorry! I used to live in Lafayette...there was a great little gourmet shop by Pier One on 38...they had everything. I think they went out a year or two ago, bummer!!! Nice chatting If you ever need anything from Indy let me know! I head to L-town several times a month icon_smile.gif

ALR1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALR1955 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 7:45pm
post #14 of 14

Cake create used to be in Indy. Not sure if they are still there.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%