What Is The Shelf-Life Of Sweetex?

Baking By Polkadot79 Updated 18 Apr 2010 , 11:09am by Polkadot79

Polkadot79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polkadot79 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 4:47pm
post #1 of 3

I've had about a cup left over in the container for about 3 weeks waiting for a small order. Today, I use it with my butter and the butter & shortening didn't seem to mix as usual even beating longer than my norm. I usually make 2 makings of the Buttercream Dream at a time and figured that must be the issue, so I went ahead and put in my powdered sugar (also different brand that I typically use). It seemed very thick so I added more milk than I typically do and beat longer. The end result is buttercream with some butter clunks. Any idea if the Sweetex was the issue?

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 4:32am
post #2 of 3

It sounds like your butter didn't incorporate entirely. Was the butter not room temperture when you added it to the Sweetex?

In the future, I would thoroughly cream the shortening, and then ads the room temperature butter and mix until the two are completely blended.

HTH

Polkadot79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polkadot79 Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 11:09am
post #3 of 3

The butter was at room temp...almost too soft I thought. I'm not sure what went wrong. I'm up early this morn to reice the cake after getting my normal supplies last night.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%