Identifying A Technique

Decorating By abremer Updated 17 Apr 2010 , 5:51pm by abremer

abremer Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 4:21pm
post #1 of 6

I saw this cake online and was wondering what technique was used.
Does anyone know? It said it was some kind of sugar work, though it kind of looks like gumpaste to me.

5 replies
valha Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 4:29pm
post #2 of 6

It looks like old school royal icing collars to me... Hope that helps.

Bettycrockermommy Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 6

I saw a tutorial in ACD magazine for this. It is royal icing.

iwantcookies Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 5:02pm
post #4 of 6

i think its called an icing collar and made with royal icing.
check out this video, its similar.


Uniqueask Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 6

Yes they are tutorials in ACD Magazines, the older issues, anyway and that one on youtube is cool, it actually looks better seeing someone demonstrate.

abremer Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 5:51pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for such a quick answer! So it's like color flow then. I had no idea it was called a cake collar.

Quote by @%username% on %date%