Recommendations Please On An All In One Printer

Lounge By butternut Updated 17 Apr 2010 , 9:24pm by butternut

butternut Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:49pm
post #1 of 6

Good morning all. Hope everyone had a great week. I am looking to replace my old printer and I really need some advice/recommendations for a new Multi function All in One office printer. Any suggestions would sooooo be appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

5 replies
leily Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 6

are you looking for inkjet or laser?
Color or black/white?
Something that prints photo quality?

For the all in one, are you looking for ALL of the following features?
- Print
- Scan (photo quality or document quality?)
- Fax
- Duplex printing
- Prints on multiple size documents (envelopes, post cards, etc...)

Just trying to narrow down the search, because there are so many out there and what you want will definitely depend on which one to recommend.

KHalstead Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 3:37pm
post #3 of 6

I have an hp photosmart 7960 and it's awesome.......but the cost of the replacement ink is KILLING us!!!!!!!!!

Definitely check into the cost of the ink cartridges BEFORE purchasing a printer!

butternut Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 5:51pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks so much guys.
leily - Yes, I'm sorry I should have broken it down into what I'm looking for out of a printer. I'm looking for an inkjet, prints color, photo quality a must. Also need a fax. Will be scanning both documents and photos. Also need for it to print multiple size documents.
KH - Thanks for the suggestion about checking out the cost of ink cartridges prior to buying a printer. WOW!! The prices of some of those cartrtidges are crazy!!!

leily Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 6

well the additional information helps... but unfortunately I don't have any suggestions since you would like an inkjet. We just purchased two laser printers, a color and a black/white. So I could have helped you with those b/c we did a lot of research based on what we needed.

Hopefully someone else has some info on the inkjet ones. Definitely keep an eye out on the price of the inkjet cartridges, not only the price, but how many prints they are supposed to do. Sometimes the cartridges may be really pricey, but their per print price is lower than the cheap cartridges. (confusing I know) Personally I always liked having my colors seperate also, I know it's more work having 2 or more cartridges around or having to purchase, but we always go through black faster, so it was nice only having to replace one color instead of all of them, expecially when the red/blue/yellow were almost full still.

butternut Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 9:24pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you leily. I really appreciate your help. Ya know, I've never really checked on the laser printers. We've always purchased injet for some reason. Now, I'm wondering why we've never checked out the laser. lol Hmmmmm.

Quote by @%username% on %date%