Wilton Ultragold Pans

Decorating By Prill Updated 17 Apr 2010 , 2:13pm by leah_s

Prill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Prill Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:45pm
post #1 of 3

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the new Wilton Ultragold pans. Have you tried them or would you?

I have one and I like it, but wasn't impressed enough to throw all my old pans out and replace them with the Ultragolds.

Thanks.

2 replies
cake-angel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake-angel Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 3

I think it depends on what you want to use them for. They are good pans for people over bakers secret because the gold color isn't a coating but actually part of the anodizing process of the aluminum in the pans so the finish should not flake off.

Also they have taller sides than the average cake pan so it can allow your cake batter to rise to it's full potential and have a taller finished product. On the not - I do not like that they are able to be nested inside one another because that means there will be a slight slant to the sides of the cake.

Overall - I still prefer Wilton's Decorator Preferred pans because I like the super straight sides on my rounds when I do my cakes. I would probably consider an ultra gold as a replacement to my old handy 9X13 baking pan though.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 2:13pm
post #3 of 3

Pro - you can purchase them with a coupon.
Con - the sides are indeed quite slanted. A MAJOR drawback.
Com - they are quite thin. A thicker pan bakes more evenly.

Magic Line is a MUCH better pan, and yes, even the Wilton Decorator Preferred pans are better.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%