ttehan4 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 12:15pm

when you cover a cake in one color fondant and then a second layer of a different color and then do cut outs on the top layer so that the first layer is visible.

If you can post a picture of what you think I'm talking about you are awesome!

7 replies
ChoueiriCakeCo Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 12:39pm

I'm not sure what it's called either but I remember seeing a cake like that on Ace of Cakes...I think I've found a pic:

(the brown cake on the right)

tenleysmommy Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 12:51pm

wish I could help more,but here is a pic.

Marci Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:00pm

If the fashion world it is called "cut work", I guess because you are cutting away the outer layer to show the inside. Not sure about the cake world.

Omicake Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:04pm

I guess the name would be "cut-outs" as you implied in your post.

dalis4joe Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:49pm

does anyone know how to do it?

Omicake Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:55pm

ttehan4 explains it in her post.

ttehan4 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 2:22pm

Thats exactly what I was talking about. Thanks. That birthday cake is adorable! Cut outs sounds like a good technical name to!

Quote by %username% on %date%