Dripping Effect

Decorating By Dommers Updated 1 May 2010 , 11:57pm by Dommers

Dommers Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 2:40am
post #1 of 8

How do you get icing to make the dripping look? What type of frosting do you use?

7 replies
prterrell Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 3:22am
post #2 of 8

Can you post a pic showing what you mean by "dripping look"?

mayo2222 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 3:28am
post #3 of 8

My guess is that we are talking about ganache


prterrell Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 3:35am
post #4 of 8

That's what I figured was probably being asked about, but I've been on here long enough not to assume.

mayo2222 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 3:42am
post #5 of 8

And I haven't been around here long enough, so I just assumed

LadyinaRedApron Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 4:42am
post #6 of 8

I have a german chocolate cake in my photos and I just used a square of melted baking chocolate. You could probably use candy melts or ganache also.

dguerrant Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 12:17pm
post #7 of 8

I warm up a can of 'good' canned frosting till it's runny and slowly pour it from the center out and when I get close to the edge I do this very very carefully as to not get too much to drip and add a bit more if it needs more of a drip, too much and it looks like melty stripes. Good Luckicon_smile.gif

Dommers Posted 1 May 2010 , 11:57pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%