I Forgot Everyone's Advice Before I Started Airbrusing! Help

Decorating By NYCGiGi Updated 27 Apr 2010 , 12:56am by jayne1873

NYCGiGi Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:06am
post #1 of 13

Hi everyone - happy Friday night!!!

So, in the excitement of using my airbrush and my new stencils, I didn't exactly prep my area (or myself) well for the spray. And well, to say the least, it's EVERYWHERE now! I luckily have wood floors, so I can just mop them when I'm done, but how in the world do I get all this airbrush coloring off my face? My nose and around my mouth is 100% sky blue (I look a like a cloud).

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

THanks - Jessica

12 replies
anasazi17 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:39am
post #2 of 13

oops! I have done this before...you just need to jump in the shower!! Mild soap and water should to the trick! And for the nose...well lets just say don't be shocked if you blow your nose tomorrow and your tissue is blue icon_wink.gif Some people wear face masks when air brushing...i find them cumbersome. HTH

cakesbycathy Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:56am
post #3 of 13

I am in the same boat only I was using royal blue. I look like I murdered a smurf icon_lol.gif

sgraff Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 3:06am
post #4 of 13

I was Kermit green last weekend!

anxietyattack Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesbycathy

I am in the same boat only I was using royal blue. I look like I murdered a smurf icon_lol.gif

Hilarious!

Ivy383 Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 6:55pm
post #6 of 13

Lol! I can't wait to air brush. It sounds like fun. Is there anyway to prevent these this from happening? Does it have to do with the type of air brush you use?

CutiePieCakes-Ontario Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 12:06am
post #7 of 13

Good question. You often see airbrushing on cake shows and competition shows, but you never see them covered in it ... or the competition saying, "Hey, you're getting your red spray all over my white cake!" How do that do it?

tesso Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 2:28am
post #8 of 13

hi all,
you can avoid spraying yourself by adjusting the air flow, adjusting the psi on you sprayer. if you are getting covered then you psi is probably coming out over 20 psi. you only need 15 for basic food color sprays. 30 psi for luster/petal dusts.

your type of airgun will also affect this, depending on your brand or style/siphon etc.. but not as much as the machines psi.

hth

Nacnacweazel Posted 18 Apr 2010 , 2:51am
post #9 of 13

I have been every color under, and over, the rainbow. We won't even talk about that time my wife turned on the ceiling fan. tapedshut.gif If you watch Ace Of Cakes, haven't you ever wondered why they have a dedicated airbrushing station now? It's almost like a mini spray booth. No matter how much you try, that stuff is going to find its way everywhere. The spray is so fine that even the simple act of you breathing is going to blow particles everywhere. Just mask off the area as best you can and don't be surprised what the tissues look like when you blow your nose. Actually, sometimes that can be kinda fun. icon_razz.gif

hsmomma Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 12:36am
post #10 of 13

I must be doing it wrong...I never get any on me (okay, maybe a drop when I'm pouring the color into my airbrush).
Your way sounds like way more fun!! LOL

ashleyisawesome Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 3:44am
post #11 of 13

Haha, the worst is blowing your nose after airbrushing in green lol

Tracy7953 Posted 23 Apr 2010 , 4:00am
post #12 of 13

If you use a lot of colors does your nose blow rainbow?? LOL!

jayne1873 Posted 27 Apr 2010 , 12:56am
post #13 of 13

I am so glad I read about the blowing your nose bit before I used mine for the first time otherwise I would have freaked. Love the look like you murdered a smurf lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%