Pink Tiger Lily In Gum Paste!

Decorating By dubois2 Updated 22 Apr 2010 , 3:58am by dubois2

dubois2 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 5:27pm
post #1 of 4

I have a baby shower cake due next saturday 4/24/2010!!! I need some help pleas! I cannot find any tutorials or cut outs or anything on how to make a tiger lily. I know how i am going to paint it. i just need to figure out how to cut and shape the petals. and what to use for stemans. please please help fast! i will be attempting the flower on tuesday 4/20/2010. icon_cry.gificon_eek.gif

3 replies
icer101 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 4

hi, look under forum . then click on" how do i." you will see topics of tutorial on making flowers and tutorial on making people,etc. hth

DALIG Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 4

why dont you just look up tiger lily at msn in imiges they than you are going to have a real flower to look up and do it in gumpaste

dubois2 Posted 22 Apr 2010 , 3:58am
post #4 of 4

So I did the lily. Thank you for your help. I made 24 petals for two flowers and just made it. 12 petals broke today at the base where the wire goes into the petal. I did to exactly what the article said. Other than the breakage it did come out beautiful. I did make 12 more tonight and made them thicker. the ruffles were not as good. Should have used a tooth pick. oh well.... has anyone made this flower before? I tried making a small hook then inserting it into a ball of gumpaste then attaching it like the article said. it did seem to hold better. any suggestions for less breakage? Oh and looking up in msn images wouldn't help me assemble the flower. Still new at this. icon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%