Cooling A Cake With Nail In It

Decorating By etroxler Updated 17 Apr 2010 , 12:51pm by leily

etroxler Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:16pm
post #1 of 4

How long do I need to cool a cake baked with a flower nail in it before flipping it over on a cake board? Is is better to cool the pan on a rack until it is cool to the touch, or turn it over on a cake board right away?

3 replies
bashini Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:31pm
post #2 of 4

All my cakes come out from the tin after 5-10 minutes coming out from the oven. And let the cake cool on a cooling rack. icon_smile.gif

catlharper Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 4

Yup, standard 10 mins cooling in the pan then flip the cake out of the pan, remove the parchment and then the nail and then flip back over to cool the rest of the way before leveling. I actually use two cooling racks for the flipping.

leily Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by catlharper

Yup, standard 10 mins cooling in the pan then flip the cake out of the pan, remove the parchment and then the nail and then flip back over to cool the rest of the way before leveling. I actually use two cooling racks for the flipping.

I actually put the nail under the parchment when baking so that when I turn it over I don't have to remove the parchment. Just pull out the nail. I like having the parchment on the cake to help "hold" it together while moving it around. I just remove the parchment as I stack the layers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%