Flower Pot Cake?

Decorating By King-Girlz Updated 17 Apr 2010 , 1:25am by King-Girlz

King-Girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
King-Girlz Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 9:48am
post #1 of 4

Someone has asked me to make a flower pot cake for her daughter's birthday. I don't even know where to begin? I have seen several beautiful ones on this website and love the flowers coming out of the oreo dirt!
What size cake pans would I use? How do I get the rim around the top of the pot? How do I fondant a different shape?
Any suggestions?
I would appreciate it! Thanks so much!

3 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 10:31am
post #2 of 4

Hi, here is a step by step which is in the Article section. Its the baby in a flower pot. But hope you can get some idea how to get started.

http://cakecentral.com/articles/104/step-by-step-3d-cake-sculpting-baby-in-a-flower-pot

jennywenny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennywenny Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 3:01pm
post #3 of 4

I had my first try at a flower pot last weekend, I found it hard to get the rim of the flower pot neat, but other than that I thought it went pretty well. I made a 6" cake and used a 6" round on top, then cut another cake circle to be around 4.5" round, then used them as a guide to cut the cake into the flowerpot shape, then torted, filled and frosted, covered with fondant, put a rim around the top, added cake crumbs for dirt, and fondant flowers:

King-Girlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
King-Girlz Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 1:25am
post #4 of 4

Your cake is beautiful! Have you ever heard of baking the cake in a terra cotta pot? Is it possible?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%