Help....gumpaste Figure Issues!

Decorating By Debi2 Updated 16 Apr 2010 , 1:41pm by Debi2

Debi2 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:21am
post #1 of 3

Hi all,
I was wondering if someone could help me figure out why when I try and made figures or other items from gumpaste, I can't get them smooth. I knead it out smooth, but then when I start forming the object, I get lines in it or if there happens to be a seam, I can't get that to smooth together either. I am using the Nicholas Lodge gumpaste recipe. I've added shortening too to try and get a smoother finish but it still doesn't look that great. I've seen a lot of great looking gumpaste figures on here and I hope some of you with more experience than me can help. Thanks a million!

Deb

2 replies
dalis4joe Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:27am
post #2 of 3
Debi2 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much dalis4joe! I read the advice on the link and I will try using 50/50. I have used the MMF mixed with Tylose in the past, but it was taking so long to dry. Maybe I wasn't using enough of the Tylose? The Nicholas Lodge gumpaste worked beautifully for flowers, so hopefully the 50/50 will be my answer! Also good to know that the figures need to be made all in one piece to make it seamless. Kind of a challenge for us just learning to get it made before it starts drying out though. Practice, Practice Practice, right? icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks again!
Deb

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%