Petit Fours~Black & White~ Black Poured Fondant?

Decorating By sweetiepies7 Updated 16 Apr 2010 , 1:46pm by sweetiepies7

sweetiepies7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiepies7 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:26am
post #1 of 3

Hi! I need to make a black poured fondant for petit fours, I assume that is the best way? I tried to blacken semi chocolate with black powder and I had to use so much it seized up....so what do you all suggest? poured or rolled? I have never tried Satin Ice is it tasty? I need to do 12 black and 12 white & since I am layer with fillings i wanted the cover to be a neutral. Please help if you suggest poured do you have a great recipe? i am using sponge cake, would you all use sponge?

2 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:28pm
post #2 of 3

I posted a great (and easy) poured fondant recipe a while back. One of the ingredients was the candy dots (Wilton) found at HL or Michaels. They may have a black choice. Do me a favor and taste before you commit your little cakes to anything that dark. Would be a shame to have them taste bitter after all your hard work.

sweetiepies7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiepies7 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:46pm
post #3 of 3

thanks minicuppie but they do not have black!! I have checked how can i get your recipe? when I tried to blacken semi chocolate it seized and was bitter i was hoping to do a poured. i did see a martha stewart recipe for petit fours glaze and it called for almond bark. i would love to see your recipe can I use white choc chips?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%