Switzerland

Decorating By DanaG21 Updated 16 Apr 2010 , 5:41pm by DanaG21

DanaG21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaG21 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 4

I'm trying to do a cake for a friend who is having a friend from Switzerland come and visit. I'm planning on a 9" or 10" round about 6" tall with SMBC. I want to do some fondant accents. I'm planning on scultping a guy in liederhosen (sp?) with an alpenhorn (really really long horn thing) I also want to do a little goat and a banner that says Welcome Christa in Swedish but I just can't see how to put it all together. This woman is probably in her 60's so I don't want it to seem too kid like. Any suggestions???? Oh and of course there will be the Swedish flag - good thing that is easy!!!

3 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:32am
post #2 of 4

I would include edelweiss flowers: Image

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:48am
post #3 of 4

FYI and I really don't mean to be rude. But anything swedish is from Sweden. You want the swiss flag (a red equal armed cross in the centre of a white square flag.) and the official languages of Switzerland are French, Italian and Swiss-German. I really like prterrell's suggestion of having the edelweiss flowers.

DanaG21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaG21 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 4

My husband pointed out to me last night that I was confusing my countries! Good save before I created anything or used an incorrect language. prterrell - Thank you for the suggestion on the flowers!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%