Construction Of 3D House With Porch

Decorating By sel1463 Updated 16 Apr 2010 , 9:00pm by Doug

sel1463 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sel1463 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 7:36pm
post #1 of 4

I have a request for a 3d replica play house, but the roof continues off the house to make a porch on the front of the house. How would I go about constructing the roof for the porch? The roof doesn't have to be made of cake. I'm not sure if that would help or not. TIA!

3 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 2:59am
post #2 of 4

black = cake boards

brown = sheet or square cake cut and stacked to get main body of house -- suggest two layers for 4" tall house body. (brown because of course it is chocolate cake (feed the addiction!)

yellow = roof this can also be cake

white = dowels or those plastic pillars (and railing added just for fun)

so...

cake board
on top of that the main body of house
on top of that -- another cake board that is held up on one side by the pillars/dowels
on top of that more cake for the roof (well I wouldn't argue with a solid block of chocolate either! -- feed the addiction!)

not so hard
LL

sel1463 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sel1463 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 3:42pm
post #3 of 4

This helps me out a lot! This is kind of what I was thinking but not sure if it would work or not. Will I need to push the dowels through the cake board to keep from moving or anything?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 9:00pm
post #4 of 4

if NOT put through board - not touching cake -- so could use hot melt glue. -- build up to look like the bases and capitals put on columns

for both could also get a thumbtack that has a long shaft and run it from other side of board and into the dowel.

could also, if boards are thick enough, run them into the boards.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%