Too Many Hobbies For One Cake!

Decorating By UpAt2am Updated 19 Apr 2010 , 3:18am by mamawrobin

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 6

hello all!

i want to surprise a friend, that i just recently met but once i heard her story, i just knew i had to do an amazing cake for her birthday. she's 28 years old and has already beat breast cancer (!) but was recently diagnosed with uterin cancer. my heart goes out to her...i'm 28 as well and can't imagine going through this. so i want to make her a cake to celebrate her!

problem is...i have total creative freedom. yes, this usually wouldn't be an issue but i got some info from her facebook page to help in my design of the cake and she loves soooooooooo much stuff.... and i can't figure out where to go with it! she's an oral surgeon, she owns a horse farm, she is a zumba/cardio funk instructor (dance), competes in shag competitions, graduated from wake forest, loves her sorority (phi mu), loves wearing nike workout clothes and shoes, and the list goes on! what should i do?!?!

i'm going to surprise her after her class on friday (she teaches zumba at the local Y on fridays) so all of the people who adore her as an istructor can be there to celebrate with her!

any help is appreciated! thanks ccers!

5 replies
astone83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
astone83 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 6

How many servings? quarter the cake and do different themes on each quarter.

kiss_me_now9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kiss_me_now9 Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 6

What about a box/bag or something with lots of little modelled things relating to her hobbies exploding out of it?

So a little horse, a pair of Nike running shoes, maybe a beat box for music, the sign of her sorority/uni, some dentist tools and then whatever else she's into...

UpAt2am Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UpAt2am Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 6

thanks for the help! here's what i ended up doing...
top tier is the wake forest deamon deacon hat (i wanted it to look topsy a bit) and i put the phi mu lettering around the tier
middle tier is zebra print since it's part of the horse family and then a blue ribbon with her name and age
bottom tier has the Zumba logo on the front and then i wrote "Cardio Funk" and "Shag" since those are her other favorite dances. And I put Nike logos in between the words.

I like the way it turned out and most importantly she loved it and was so shocked...we were both in tears. Feels good to do a cake for someone so deserving of it! Thanks again for the help!
LL

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 2:14am
post #5 of 6

Fantastic job of pulling it all together! Looks very classy...I'm sure she LOVED it!

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 3:18am
post #6 of 6

You did a great job. I love the cake and I'm sure that she did as well. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%