Cricut And Medium Thickness

Decorating By kake4me2 Updated 15 Apr 2010 , 9:50pm by debster

kake4me2 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 11

How does everyone get their medium to the right thickness? I am a home baker and do not have a sheeter... Perfection strips perhaps?????

Thanks

10 replies
tiggy2 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 5:08pm
post #2 of 11

I use a pasta roller on my KA

kayla1505 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 5:13pm
post #3 of 11

i just use a small pasta machine, it cost me like $10

kake4me2 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 5:15pm
post #4 of 11

how do you get a 12x12 sheet with a pasta roller?

kayla1505 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 5:33pm
post #5 of 11

i dont get a full sheet, i get maybe 6x12

costumeczar Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 5:35pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kake4me2

how do you get a 12x12 sheet with a pasta roller?

You either don't, and just cut the smaller sheet, or you put a couple of them together and roll it out by hand in the middle.

debster Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 6:01pm
post #7 of 11

custumeczar.................I think I sp it wrong anyway, how do you set the blade length? I've tried every speed and pressure so maybe it's that. I did let it sit over night then cut the rows then let them sit overnight then tried to cut. Maybe my shortening is too heavy on the back side would that cause a problem? You all see the jagged edges does ANYONE know what causes that? Thanks I will overcome. When we do white gumpaste with what do you color it after the fact?

costumeczar Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 6:12pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by debster

custumeczar.................I think I sp it wrong anyway, how do you set the blade length? I've tried every speed and pressure so maybe it's that. I did let it sit over night then cut the rows then let them sit overnight then tried to cut. Maybe my shortening is too heavy on the back side would that cause a problem? You all see the jagged edges does ANYONE know what causes that? Thanks I will overcome. When we do white gumpaste with what do you color it after the fact?

You can paint them with food coloring or petal dusts. It sounds like your gumpaste might be too thick, you should be able to see the lines on the cutting mat through it. I used needle depth 5, minimum speed and minimum pressure and that worked after letting the gumpaste sit out and dry uncovered for an hour.

debster Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 6:42pm
post #9 of 11

Thanks will try it later. Did you see the picture I attached yesterday? Both the black and white did the same thing. The black was lots softer than the white , but did the same thing. I thought that to be weird.

costumeczar Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 9:16pm
post #10 of 11

I just got a comment on my blog post about it that one tip is to get the gumpaste really stiff, and to put it in the microwave so that it's easy to roll out.

debster Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 9:50pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks EVERY tip counts, keep em coming.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%