Need Ideas For Beautiful Blue & White Cupcakes Please

Decorating By SecretAgentCakeBaker Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 11:58am by SecretAgentCakeBaker

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 2:42pm
post #1 of 7

My daughter's girls's club is having a May Crowning & Mother Daughter Tea soon that I need to make about 60-75 cupcakes for.

The colors for the party are blue & white. The cupcakes can also have another color in them. I really want the cupcakes to look beautiful.

I've been going through the gallery trying to get ideas, but not finding what Im looking for. The things I find that I like are in pink and I'm having a tough time picturing in my mind how it would look with blue.

I will be making cupcake wrappers using this Sizzix die and probably blue/white patterned paper, or maybe just a solid color with a texture, depending on the cupcake design.
http://www.stampinup.com/ECweb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=115961

Oh, and I'll be using the Wilton cake stand to display some of the cupcakes and I guess the extras will have to go on the table around the bottom of it. Any ideas on that as well?
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1384935

Any ideas that you have, especially photos, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Barbaranne

6 replies
SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 7

Oh thank you, those are very pretty.

I've been thinking some more. I tend to be very monochromatic, which I know isn't always good. I' not very good with choosing colors.

If the table cloths will be white with blue, the napkins white with blue napkin rings, and the cupcake wrappers most likely with some blue, should I do the cupcakes in some other color, like pink, for contrast. I feel lost when it comes to trying to make decisions like that because I cannot picture it in my mind. When I see other people's work and they didn't do matchy-matchy like I always do, I think it looks great, but feel like I cannot pull it off myself.

7yyrt Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 3:44pm
post #4 of 7

If you like monochromatic; then perhaps add something in the same color family, like pale purple flowers?
For more of a pop, some tiny red dots?

Bluehue Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 7
prterrell Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 1:27am
post #6 of 7

Have you ever seen Delftware? It is a kind of pottery done in blue and white. Very pretty and very classic.

Here's a few pics I found doing a GIS for "Delftware":

Here's a Delftware inspired cupcake I found on Flickr:

SecretAgentCakeBaker Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 11:58am
post #7 of 7

Thank you, everyone!

These are all wonderful ideas! I appreciate your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%