Cake Software Recommendations

Business By SweetSullivans Updated 17 Apr 2010 , 2:42pm by sweetcakes

SweetSullivans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSullivans Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 11:25am
post #1 of 6

I am really just getting started and wonder how most people price out their cakes. Any advice on buying a software program. I see the cakeboss on this website-any feedback from people who use this program? Thanks

5 replies
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 11:40am
post #2 of 6

I use it, love it, swear by it! This is honestly the best software you can use. It's extremely user friendly and the support is AWESOME.

two words:

BUY IT!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 11:59am
post #3 of 6

The #1 best and most used purchase I have for my cake business!! I would honestly be lost without it. I would rather carve round cakes from a square cake pan than to run my business without cake boss!!!! That's how much I rely on it!

SweetSullivans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSullivans Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 1:53pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the recommendations so far. I am so amazed at this website-everyone is so helpful and I am becoming addicted! I have given up stupid facebook games to spend time on cakecentral-LOL.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 2:46pm
post #5 of 6

Ditto to what KH & Diamonds have said. Wouldn't want to run my cake biz without it!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 2:42pm
post #6 of 6

Iagree, Cakeboss keeps me on schedule, especially with payments!!! i still write out a simple order to go on my weekly todo list, but if i loose that peice of paper i can go look at the order for that week and im back on track. i like that i can get a professionally written cake order and email that to them. I love being able to put in a recipe and see how much it costs to bake it. its well worth the little investment.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%