Ri Question

Baking By WeavnPea Updated 15 Apr 2010 , 11:37pm by bonniebakes

WeavnPea Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 3:13am
post #1 of 5

I created my first disasters today, oops I mean I decorated my first cookies, and have a question.

You color your icing for piping yellow, for istance, and pipe. Do you mix a new batch for flooding or do you thin what you have already colored? If you make a new batch, how do you get the same/right color? Thanks for sharing all your tips and expertise!

Cynthia

4 replies
antonia74 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 3:19am
post #2 of 5

I outline and flood with the same thinned icing consistency.

If you're just starting out and it's easier for you to outline with the thicker icing, that's fine....just have enough already tinted that you can go back and thin it out afterwards for flooding the cookie too. icon_smile.gif

WeavnPea Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 3:22am
post #3 of 5

Thanks so much!

TracyLH Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 5

I have two bags - one with an outline consistency and one with a thinner flood. Sometimes (rarely icon_lol.gif ) I can do what Antonia74 does, but rarely. By having that thinner consistency ready, I can meld my flood to my outline so I don't have a distinct line.

However, when I do grow up, I want to be Antonia74. icon_biggrin.gif

bonniebakes Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 11:37pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

I have two bags - one with an outline consistency and one with a thinner flood. Sometimes (rarely icon_lol.gif ) I can do what Antonia74 does, but rarely. By having that thinner consistency ready, I can meld my flood to my outline so I don't have a distinct line.

However, when I do grow up, I want to be Antonia74. icon_biggrin.gif

Tracy - I'm amazed to read that! I really would have bet on the fact that you used one consistency icing - you can't see the outline lines at all in your cookies! WOW! I worked like CRAZY to get to the point that I use one consistency too... all I had to do was have 2 bags at the ready?!?!?!
icon_surprised.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%