How Do I Make A Baby In A Bath Tub Topper

Decorating By cup cakes Updated 15 Apr 2010 , 5:54pm by cup cakes

cup cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cup cakes Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 2:26am
post #1 of 4

hi,
I will be making a 3 tier cake for a baby shower soon, i would like to know if any one can give tips as to how to make a bath tub, (like a traditional white tub) and a baby inside with bubbles around him/her.

i want to have accents of a rug under the tub, shampoo, towel, rubber ducky scattered around. what are the other fondant that works well for these. i really didnt care for wilton fondant. how about gum paste figures? 'ive worked with fondant but not with gum paste.
please advice!!!

3 replies
casme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
casme Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 4:08am
post #2 of 4

I am doing one of these now, I made a claw foot tub shape out of styrofoam then after rolling gumpaste thin I laid it over the shape to harden(For a couple of days) All my other shapes were made of gumpaste also. I love gumpaste for making things. My only tip is to keep my hands well greased with crisco when working on items. I also lightly grease my surface I never use powder. I let everything air dry on a large flat piece of styrofoam.

Kellbella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellbella Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 4:54am
post #3 of 4

You can use RKT for the tub, then cover with fondant, and a 50/50 mix of gumpaste/fondant for the accents.

cup cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cup cakes Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 4

ok will try that nd see how it comes out. thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%