Dog Treats

Lounge By dlinnane Updated 20 Aug 2014 , 3:16am by dlinnane

dlinnane Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 1:58am
post #1 of 5

My cousin is starting a business making dog treats, and asked me for help. Here is her request:

We are trying to make frosting for our treats and cakes that has no sugar and can ship well. We want to make the frosting with a yogurt base (the real stuff) but don't really know where to go from there. Do you have any suggestions? Just wondering if you know of a recipe that excludes sugar but will setup hard or harder than most.

We would sure appreciate any tips, ideas, or recipes anyone may have. TIA...

4 replies
linedancer Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 11:41am
post #2 of 5

Try this link, might not be what you are looking for, but it is an interesting site.

TexasSugar Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 1:50pm
post #3 of 5

Hmmm, all the cookie icings I can think of have sugar in them.

Has she tried a google search?

misserica Posted 17 Apr 2010 , 3:01am
post #4 of 5

I used to have a book of all dog treat recipes that I got at Barnes and Noble. I can not for the life of me think of the name of it. I gave it away because all of the recipes called for wacky meat items that I was not interested in touching.

I can not seem to find it on Barnes and Noble but there were a few that you might want to look at if you have time...

Good Treats Cookbook for Dogs ( Barbara Burg)
Three Dogs Bakery Cookbook- All Natural Paw Lickin Treats (Dan Dye)
Ultimate Dog Treat Cookbook (Liz Palika)

And when your cousin gets up and running, please post her website or order information, I would buy specialty dog treats!

dlinnane Posted 20 Aug 2014 , 3:16am
post #5 of 5

AThis reply is very late, but I sincerely thank those who offered help. I never got a notice that I had any replies to my query! But my cousin did find some recipes that worked out for her. Her business is called "The Dog Treatery", based in Wichita, Kansas. Again, thank you for your kind assistance!

Quote by @%username% on %date%