Are These Fondant Cutters?

Decorating By JCE62108 Updated 15 Apr 2010 , 1:34am by JCE62108

JCE62108 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 12:14am
post #1 of 3

Are these cutters? I dont know what tappit means. Is that some sort of system? It doesnt say anything about it on this site.

2 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 12:54am
post #2 of 3

Tappits are strips of cutter shapes that are fairly small & shallow. They're tricky to use, but you can get pretty intricate shapes with them.

You have to roll your fondant, gum paste, 50/50, or mexican paste very, very, very thin. I like to dust the counter, the paste, and the cutter with corn starch--not much in the cutter or it will ruin the shape.

If you use fondant mix in a little tylose. Press your cutter into the paste firmly and move it around on your countertop while pressing on it. Flip the cutter over and use a small rolling pin and run it over the cut shape to get a nice even cut. Or you can use your finger to go around the edge. Flip it back over once again and "tap" it on the counter--you may have to tap it harder than you'd think. The shape should pop right out, but if it doesn't, use a pin to get it started and tap it again.

The key is to rolling that paste very thin.


JCE62108 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 1:34am
post #3 of 3

Thank you very much! Im going to order them and try it out. I love the fonts. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%