Velocity Spray

Decorating By jouj Updated 16 Apr 2010 , 5:27pm by jouj

jouj Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 11

Hi, a few days ago I was watching an episode of CHALLENGE on Food Network. I noticed that the contestants were using a spray on their cake. I managed to read "Velocity" on the spray can.
I was wondering if anyone knows what this is, and what is it used for.

10 replies
jouj Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 11

Anyone please?

KHalstead Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 6:58pm
post #3 of 11

was it like this??

My guess is it was probably canned air you were seeing them use. They use canned air on chocolate pieces (because the canned air is SUPER cold) it hardens the chocolate immediately instead of waiting minutes for it to set up. Very useful when trying to attach flowers, etc. w/ melted chocolate.

matthewkyrankelly Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 7:15pm
post #4 of 11

I look for food safe items, that is , from the food industry for the most part. Look up chococool and chocofreeze.

jouj Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 11

This is not the can I saw, but I have no idea if it's similar.
I didn't see them using it on chocolate, they were using it on fondant after decorating the cake. I thought it was something to give a smooth or glossy look to the fondant, but I'm not sure.

lapazlady Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 8:36pm
post #6 of 11

I think they were using aerosol color to paint the fondant (the same idea as using the airbrush). Wilton sells several colors and there are probably many other vendors.

jouj Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 9:25pm
post #7 of 11

I'm sorry, but no, they were using an airbrush for that matter. The "velocity" spray was used at the end, after finishing all the decorations. Could it be some kind of glue, or maybe something to "erase" the powdered sugar spots from Fondant?

lapazlady Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 9:39pm
post #8 of 11

I wonder if it's a kind of shiny dust. I didn't see the program, will have to wait for a rerun.

jouj Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 10:29pm
post #9 of 11

It wasn't shiny. I'm so sorry, I feel bad for not having more info on the product. icon_redface.gif

Kitagrl Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 10:44pm
post #10 of 11

Global Sugar Art has a lacquer finishing spray you can use on chocolate and fondant and etc..... maybe that's what it was? I can't find "velocity" anywhere online but I assume its the same general idea...

It looks cool. Its $30 tho!!!!

jouj Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 5:27pm
post #11 of 11

Thanks for the link, I think this is the closest thing to what I saw.

Quote by @%username% on %date%