Diamond Pattern!

Decorating By Aedans_Cakes Updated 16 Apr 2010 , 5:00am by sweetcakes

Aedans_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aedans_Cakes Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 10:29pm
post #1 of 7

How do you make a diamond pattern like this!? I really want to do a cake with this diamond pattern but I just can't figure it out! I assume that each diamond has to be cut out and placed individually...

But...how do you get them to match up so well? It seems like a lot of math to me!

Thanks in advance for all your helpful tips! You guys are definitely my go-to girls for my newbie questions!

6 replies
Aedans_Cakes Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 10:35pm
post #2 of 7

oops, forgot the attachment. That is so a me thing to do!
LL

dguerrant Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dguerrant Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 2:54am
post #3 of 7

I've done a similar pattern by using a square cutter and cutting the pieces individually and applying to the cake byt standing them on point. For a more 'diamond' shape you can take a sqaure metal cutter and squeese to sides in to make it more elongated. When I first started doing these a several years ago, I made a template and cut each one individually. Using the cutters are so much simpler and efficient.

casme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
casme Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 4:00am
post #4 of 7

Could you possiby use the diamond impression mat for cakes. First make a light imprint on the fondant then cut out. For perfect layout on the cake make a light impression on it also.

honeyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
honeyscakes Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 7

I took a cake decorating class at a local bakery and our smart teacher took regular Wilton square shape cutters and squeezed each cutter with her finger and thumb to make it a "diamond shape" then we used those to cut the fondant and laid them on the cake one by one.
I'd measure the circumference of the cake...and then calculate how many diamonds I will need to go around the tier.
hope this helps
- h

Aedans_Cakes Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 4:32pm
post #6 of 7

What great ideas! I never would have thought of that! You guys rock!!

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 16 Apr 2010 , 5:00am
post #7 of 7

start placing them in the front working on both sides towards the back, they never line up perfectly so that needs to be in the back.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%