Chocolate Buttercream Recipe

Baking By Rhonda19 Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 9:21pm by Rhonda19

Rhonda19 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 9:24pm
post #1 of 7

I am making the grooms cake for my niece's wedding. I would liike to know if anyone has a really good chocolate buttecream recipe....that holds up reallu well.

The venue will be air conditioned, but there is going to be a long party for the reception, and it has to hold up well

Thanks in advance!!!

Rhonda

6 replies
TexasSugar Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 10:03pm
post #2 of 7

I just add melted chocolate or cocoa powder to my regular buttercream recipe. icon_smile.gif

poohsmomma Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 1:28am
post #3 of 7

I love the icing recipe on the back of the Hershey's cocoa can.

Rhonda19 Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 1:44am
post #4 of 7

Thank you " poohsmomma " and " Texas Sugar " for your help.

Does anyone else have a favorite chocolate buttercream recipe that they would be willing to share??

mamawrobin Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 1:49am
post #5 of 7

Yes. Indydebi's buttercream (receipe is found in the "most saved" receipes here on cc) After you make the buttercream add 1/2 bag melted. semi-sweet chocolate chips (cooled but still pourable) you will need to add a little extra milk to get the right consistency after adding the chocolate. I just add a tiny bit at a time until I get it right.

This is a very good chocolate icing. I've had several people ask me for the receipe. The thing I like about it is that it crust so very well and holds up to 100 degree weather w/o any problems. icon_smile.gif

Bella-cakes Posted 19 Apr 2010 , 2:01am
post #6 of 7

I love sugarshack's Crusting Chocolate Buttercream, It's Delicious!!

Rhonda19 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 9:21pm
post #7 of 7

Thank you everyone!! I printed out the recipes that you recomended.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%