Help Me Decide On Flavors Please

Decorating By mindy1204 Updated 15 Apr 2010 , 12:41am by mindy1204

mindy1204 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 9:00pm
post #1 of 5

I am making 150 cupcakes this weekend for a art show.

I have decided to do 3 flavors

Chocolate with peanut butter buttercream

WASC strawberry with vanilla butter cream

and I was going to do french vanilla with lemon buttercream. I want to stick with the lemon buttercream because it got rave reviews at the office but I am just unsure about the vanilla cupcake. What other flavors would go good with the lemon buttercream. I thought raspberry but since I am already doing the strawberry I think that is too much berry.

4 replies
minicuppie Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 5

What's wrong with lemon cake and lemon icing?

Kima920 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 12:14am
post #3 of 5

Or how about a lime cupcake with lemon??? Or you can do vanilla just use vanilla paste to really bring out the vanilla flavor with some added vanilla pudding into the batter??

ladyk333 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 12:34am
post #4 of 5

I recently did coconut cupcakes with lemon SMBC. I just used coconut milk for the liquid in my recipe and added some extract. I also put a small dollop of lemon curd under the SMBC for a nice little surprise. The whole combo was very popular. Do you not have to worry about peanut allergies where you are? Here I would not be able to do peanut butter at a public show.

Good luck with it all!

mindy1204 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 12:41am
post #5 of 5

They did not say I could not have peanut butter and we told them the flavors, but we are allowed to change them up

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%