"woodland Creature" Type Cookies

Baking By HeidiCrumbs Updated 15 Apr 2010 , 2:59pm by CookieMeister

HeidiCrumbs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HeidiCrumbs Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 7

I just got an order for some woodland creatures for a 1st b-day party. She said I could do pretty much whatever, deer, bunnies, squirrels, frogs. Also she mentioned a garden gnome and I thought of doing some different han-cut logs to mix in. Are mushrooms too wierd for a 1st b-day party? I would want to do them in fun colors and woudn't want them mistaken for psychedelic 'shrooms!! Lol! Or am I the only one who would think of that? She requested muted greens, yellows, oranges, browns. What a fun order to get, would you add anything to this? What could I be forgetting?

6 replies
MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 8:42pm
post #2 of 7

I think the mushrooms would be okay because Alice and Wonderland is so popular now, but then again you know what some think about the potions in the movie. Good luck.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 7

Girl or boy? You could make mushrooms with a little frog on top for a boy, or a mushroom with a flower on top (or at the base) for a girl...

Sounds fun!

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 9:16pm
post #4 of 7

icon_cool.gif Yum. 'Shrooms. icon_cool.gif

I have a squirrel cookie cutter that i use for my dog treats. I've never had anybody request it for a human order. I'd love to play with that if they did! icon_biggrin.gif You can have so much fun with these. Oooh, and you could do some trees in there too, and put little fruits and flowers on the trees.

I would entertain myself for hours with this order.

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 11:32am
post #5 of 7

You could add mouse, chipmunk, fox, porcupine, bear, skunk, flowers, butterflies, dragonflies, ladybugs, snails, caterpillars, birds and bees!

The Gnome books by Wil Huygen and Rien Poortvliet are a wealth of decorating inspiration. I especially loved "Secrets of the Gnomes". I bought an old copy on ebay. I have several gnome cutters, even had a baby gnome cutter made, but I haven't used that one yet.

I loved the mushrooms in Alice in Wonderland, I immediately wanted to bake some!

I too would be easily amused with this cookie order!

ETA: I added a photo of some gnomes I made last summer to my photos.

cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 1:03pm
post #6 of 7

Bunnies, too!

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 2:59pm
post #7 of 7

I love bunnies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%