Need Help With Ideas

Decorating By Laurascakefactory Updated 14 Apr 2010 , 11:10pm by Doug

Laurascakefactory Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 7

I have a bride who wants a cake with the theme of "Ripple Effect"... she does not want beachy, or ocean type theme but how everthing we do causes a rippple effect... any cool ideas on how to translate this to cake???

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and suggestions.

6 replies
kiss_me_now9 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 7:25pm
post #2 of 7

First thought was of dominoes falling icon_redface.gif...

Err, that's a hard one!

tiggy2 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 7:35pm
post #3 of 7

I'd ask her what she has in mind. My idea of a ripple effect and hers might be quite different.

Doug Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 7

can you do a take on the classic water drop photo?

ripple effect concept -- that my actions to day are like a drop in a pond -- the ripples spread out in all directions to touch and affect many, many people and lives.

pond setting for effect?

on top of a round cake -- lots of BC overlayed with fondant and then round bowls of graduated sizes/diameters pushed down on top to create the valleys between the ripples?

for center -- fondant shaped and dried and then little round drop on a wire?

that globe would be great too -- probably have to be some combination of gumpaste, wire and maybe royal icing

sugalips Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 10:27pm
post #5 of 7

My first thought would be like a single heart on the top of the cake with her and her new husband then as the cake goes down to the bottom tier more hearts, then more, then more and even a graduating color to the bottom starting with i.e. a soft green into a forest green. Love starts with just the two of them and then reaches or "trickles down" to the many.

Laurascakefactory Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 10:54pm
post #6 of 7

Thanks guys... I asked her what she had in mind and she is has no ideas except for the no beach and no ocean... I like the heart idea... I also had thought something along the lines of the buttercream and bowl idea... you made it sound way better than how I was thinking... anymore ideas??? All thoughts are appreciated!!! icon_razz.gif

Doug Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 11:10pm
post #7 of 7

look --

now ain't the cute!

would fit perfectly with sugalips' idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%