Fondant Amount To Cover 1 Dozen Cookies...

Baking By sambugjoebear Updated 15 Apr 2010 , 7:16pm by sambugjoebear

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:33pm
post #1 of 5

Roughly, how much fondant does it take to just cover (no details) one dozen cookies? I'll be using MMF and it's my first time covering cookies with it. I want to make sure that I make enough the first time around and not run out halfway thru the process. Thanks for any replies!

4 replies
CookieMakinMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMakinMomma Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:46pm
post #2 of 5

If you make a full batch of MMF (using a whole bag of marshmallows) you will have more than enough fondant to cover several dozen cookies. Heck, I think even a half batch would cover at least two dozen, even with some detailing! That's ok though as the stuff lasts a long time at room temp so you will have enough to play with for a while. HTH!

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:52pm
post #3 of 5

How big of cookies are we talkin' here?

It does take surprisingly little to cover a dozen cookies in the 2-3" range. You can get several dozen (off the top of my head, probably 6-8 dozen) off a batch of MMF. I'm ashamed to say, I've never figured it out to the letter how many cookies I can cover with a batch of MMF. Probably should do that so I can plug those numbers into my spreadsheets.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 5:11pm
post #4 of 5

It depends on how thick you roll it, but you're definitely fine if you make a whole batch of mmf!

sambugjoebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sambugjoebear Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 7:16pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the replies!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%