Filling Choices For Mango Cake Asap!!

Decorating By meganmoto Updated 17 May 2010 , 7:54am by Amber0095

meganmoto Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 2:14pm
post #1 of 8

The cake is for a group of ladies who LOVE Strawberry Mango Margaritas. I'm making a mango cake from a recipe found here, but I want to use fillings to give it extra flavor. I need 3 fillings as I will (hopefully) have 4 layers of mango cake to separate. Here are some ideas I've come up with so far (I don't like icing, fondant or filling personally, so tastetesting won't really help!!):

Strawberry mousse
Strawberry buttercream
Lime gelatin mousse
Lime buttercream
Oreo mousse
Pineapple or other fruit filling
Chocolate genache
White chocolate strawberry genache
Chocolate Strawberry filling

7 replies
TexasSugar Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 2:41pm
post #2 of 8

I would go with a strawberry mousse, between the torted layers, since they like the strawberry and mango combo, then in the middle do the icing you are using on the cake.

So it would be mango cake, strawberry mousse, mango cake, icing, mango cake, strawberry mousse mango cake.

I won't mix in a bunch of different filling flavors personally.

moranda Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 3:06pm
post #3 of 8

I agree with TexasSugar, I would go with strawberry filling, either mousse or buttercream, or even strawberry jam or sleeve filling.

Kitagrl Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 8

Jello makes (or made?) a margarita flavored gelatin, that might be neat incorporated into a strawberry filling.

Malakin Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 8

My three would be definitely strawberry, coconut (tropical!) and chocolate ganache.

Misdawn Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 3:27pm
post #6 of 8

Raspberry goes GREAT with mango!

meganmoto Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 11:15pm
post #7 of 8

You all amaze me!! I've only posted a few things on this site and In a matter of 2hrs I have a bunch of great ideas!

Now the problem I'm facing is that my cake MIGHT make 3 layers, if I'm lucky!!
Always something, right? At least in my kitchen it is!!

Amber0095 Posted 17 May 2010 , 7:54am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdawn

Raspberry goes GREAT with mango!

I also would do raspberry and alternate the layers of cake with white chocolate mousse or ganache as well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%