I'm So Upset

Decorating By ninatat Updated 8 May 2010 , 4:14am by carmijok

ninatat Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:59am
post #1 of 19

Hi all, well when my garage sale small stand mixer broke, you might remember some wonderful person, send me a really nice hand mixer, i've been saving for a stand mixer, i found a pro 300 kitchen aid on e-bay and won it for $122.00 147 with shipping, i couldn't believe i won it. they sent it out and it was supposed to be here the next day, i didn't realize fed x was so fast, but i was home and i do have a dog. friday i ran the tracking # said delivered, didn't get it, i live in a gated mobile home community that has 700 lots, well they are going to send the guy back out to see if he put it on my porch or someone else's, so there is hope, keep your fingers crossed. thanks

18 replies
SharonK1973 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 5:03am
post #2 of 19

I'm so sorry! I really hope they can track it down for you!

mireillea Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 7:47am
post #3 of 19

I really hope they find it! I keep my fingers crossed for you!

JaimeAnn Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 8:21am
post #4 of 19

I had the same problem with Fed-Ex....

I was waiting for 2 new cell phones they tried to tell me they attempted delivery but no one was home , I was there all day. By the third day (for an overnight delivery) they sent the delivery driver out to redeliver . I sat on my front porch with my laptop to keep checking the tracking. I watched the fed ex truck haul butt past my house to the end of the street and take my package to the WRONG house. they were delivering to 133 instead of 113 ( maybe the driver was dislexyc) I tried to flag down the driver he ignored me and sped away , I called fed ex and they said it was just delivered and signed for , I said I know ... TO THE WRONG HOUSE!... the driver came back and TRIED to get my package back but we had to call the police to get it and the people had already opened it and went through the box! The driver acted like it was my fault and I was inconveniencing him because he screwed up!

Needless to say no more Fed-Ex for me.

I am sure they will find your mixer......If not I think Fed_Ex automaticly has insurance coverage.

neelycharmed Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 9:01am
post #5 of 19

Hi,
I really hope they find it... I had that happen to me last year.
But they actually sent it to a city that was about 17 hours away from me, and I never thumbsdown.gif did get the computer. icon_sad.gif
Hope you have better luck!
Jodi

bbmom Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 10:14am
post #6 of 19

That happenes to me all the time with fed ex and ups. Of course we live on a dirt driveway 1/4mile long. It forks off to one side to my neighbors, but there are only 3 house on this stretch. Luckily we're all friendly. If it says my package was "delivered to front porch". I've had to walk all around the house checking all the doors, garage etc. Called the neighbors, checked their porches. Sometimes its at one of their houses. A few times I found it on the hood of my car!!!! Which is usually parked right in front of the garage. I guess they're just trying to keep it interesting for me!
I hope your new mixer turns up. Let us know.

Enchantedcakes Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 12:05pm
post #7 of 19

When I was in college I worked for a company named GSI that is in charge of most sports websites. I worked in the claims department and would get files sent from fed ex that said customer signed for it and the signature would be from the driver and would be things like F.Bush, which ment front bush, or G.Arage for garage. then i would have to call back fed ex and have them actually look at the paper that they had just sent me. Then the customers would get their refund, becuase in the buinsess world we can not issue a refund until the shipping company confirms what happened. One fed ex driver actually put a package in a snow bank and the customer found it when the snow melted. Our company began to use Fed Ex less and less. I hope you get your mixer.

casmom Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 1:12pm
post #8 of 19

I only had one (not so) bad experience with FedEx. I forgot what I ordered since it was a long time ago. Anyway, I waited the whole day for the driver to come deliver my package but until 5 PM (way past than their usual delivery time; around 11-12) I never heard the bell rang. So I went downstairs and I found the memo saying that no one was home. I immediately called FedEx and told the operator what happened, saying that I was INDEED home all day waiting for the driver and didn't even hear the bell (it was not broken at all). I asked her/him to deliver it again because I would not be at home the next day/the day after. Then around 7-8 (could be probably around 9 PM), my package was delivered. It certainly was their mistake, not mine.

PS: I remembered what the package was, it was liquid formula in cans. They were very heavy, maybe that's why the driver was too lazy to even bother since I live in a 3rd floor.

My UPS guy, however, is a sweetheart. He arrives on-time and doesn't even mind the heavy package. He even hurt his back once on job delivering it and had his supervisor came to my house to confirm it. I felt so bad because I couldn't help him with it. I was in my late pregnancy (around 9 months). But he is all well now. =)

ninatat Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 7:18pm
post #9 of 19

Thank's so much all for the support, the man i bought it from, has been so nice, i send him a message what kind of box it was in, then in his listing i noticed it said shipping and insurance, i filed with e-bay just to find out about the insurance and said the seller was very helpful, i let them give him my phone number, he called twice and said he was going to file a claim and wanted to know exactly what fed x said, he said they insure it. when i talked to fedex the first time she said they would send the same driver out, he knocked on the door so quietly, my dog didn't even hear it, she's trained not to bark except if someone is at the door, i was half awake and ran to the door, his answers were weird, he said was their a sticker on the door, i said no, then he said oh well sometime's they are on the box, i don't think he knew that i knew he was the same driver, i asked him did you deliver it here. he looked surprised and said yes, i told him it was a large box, he asked what it was and i told it had kitchen-aid on the side, then i said if you tell me where you delivered it i'll go get it and he said they never give them back, that was weird to me, then i noticed when he left he went next door and i heard him ask her she knew about it and told him no, now why would he go next door. our house's are both grey, i have a different color trim, but why would he go next door? So i called fed again, told him everything, he came up with all kind of excuse, well maybe your neighbor took it in, i explained our decks don't face each other, so she wouldn't see it. then he said you need to call the sender and see what they want to do and i told it was from e-bay, and he just kept repeating it when i said so basically i's out of luck, then the man called me again, and said you mean the never mentioned that they insure it, and i said no not even once. so he said he's filing a claim, so thing's are looking good my ups man knocks so loud it scared the crap out of me lol see if he could have told me where he delivered if he knew for sure i would have told them it's a federal offence to open another person's mail, and i would call the post master general. so like i said there is hope yet thank's all

ninatat Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:41am
post #10 of 19

Hi all, the seller filed a claim with fedx on the 14th so i should be hearing in about 7 days, seem's like forever.

ninatat Posted 26 Apr 2010 , 12:00am
post #11 of 19

up date, well the seller talked to fedex twice and they said i'm out of luck, because the driver came back out, still can't figure why he went to my neighbors house to ask her but anyway seller filed with e-bay i made a mistake and checked item not as described, then i e-mailed and explained, they chose to close the case, then sent me a short survey right, oh i filled it out, now he's filing with pay pal, so we'll see what going to happen, if all goes well i'll get my money back, the seller is so nice he's called me with any new info, ok here is my question, there are 2 kitchen aid mixers on e-bay on lady live's in garden city where i had my house, but i noticed it did's show any paddles, so i e-mailed her and she said no and she'd revise the add, she wants 60 or best offer and i only live a few miles away, they have them on e-bay, but i was wondering if all of them fit all the kitchen aids, also there is one that say's it stall's between going from 8 to 10 speed but not from 10 to 8, and she said she's tested and tested it and works fine, if i get my money back, which is the best one, they are both around 60 dollars, thanks all

ninatat Posted 2 May 2010 , 7:25pm
post #12 of 19

hi all, not going to get either, one more round with fedx, i totally frustrated the one of the top guys and he said i'll have to talk to the driver myself hehe, i don't give up easily but this will be the last round, talking to the seller, he said to me that he will give me half back, that is so nice of him, i couldn't believe it, such a nice man, like the wonderful people on cc

ninatat Posted 7 May 2010 , 10:04pm
post #13 of 19

well finally between e-bay,pay pal and fedex, fedex is going to pay the insurance claim, finally, thanks all for your support

JGMB Posted 7 May 2010 , 10:27pm
post #14 of 19

I'm so happy you got this resolved!!! thumbs_up.gif

Ivy383 Posted 7 May 2010 , 10:30pm
post #15 of 19

I don't like fedex. They left my new airbrush outside last my house last week. It was raining and it was just left there. They did not even knock on my door. icon_sad.gif They are lucky that I used my airbrush machine last night and it worked.

I am glad that they paid your insurance claim. But it still stinks because you had a really good deal on your first purchase. I wish you luck with your new purchase. icon_smile.gif

JulieMN Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:07am
post #16 of 19

Glad to hear that things are heading in the right direction. Good luck in your search for a new one!

andreamen1 Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:22am
post #17 of 19

don't like fed ex they suck

ups is better they actually honk there horn.

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 8 May 2010 , 3:40am
post #18 of 19

Around here it is said that if Fed Ex merged with UPS they would have to call it FED-UP!! icon_lol.gif

carmijok Posted 8 May 2010 , 4:14am
post #19 of 19

I've got to say I've been quite lucky with Fed Ex (now watch them screw up big time). Anyway, I'm wondering if you might want to look at buying a brand new mixer at someplace like K-mart that has layaway. Don't know if they carry Kitchen Aid or not, but sometimes a good 'deal' can be more expensive in the long run.
Glad you're getting your money back!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%