Help, Please This Delimma???

Decorating By KATHIESKREATIONS Updated 14 Apr 2010 , 4:04pm by Joyfull4444

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 3:37am
post #1 of 7

icon_confused.gif Can someone PLEASE help me with this dilemma? I have looked everywhere I can think of to no avail, so I now turn to the experts... icon_biggrin.gif I am wanting information as to where to buy the cake pan that holds about 16 2" mini cakes, the round (preferably) or the square one? I know some people just do sheet cakes & cut them, but then I don't know what they use to cut the right size properly...others use the pan I described, which is really what I would like. Anyone, please? Thanks so much for any help you can provide me.

6 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 3:52am
post #2 of 7

Here's a square one:

Personally, I use a ruler and knife to make squares or rectangles, and a deep cookie cutter to make other shapes.

dg10148 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 3:57am
post #3 of 7

Google petit four pans there are a lot out there. My cake decorating store sells them so you might buy some locally depending where you are from.

Joyfull4444 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:08am
post #4 of 7

Theres some mini square pans of assorted shapes here.

Also from Lawsons in the UK. If you live in Canada its quite often cheaper to order from the UK than the US as theres no brokerage fee & duty added on like there is on US goods.

Melchas Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:40am
post #5 of 7

You could try using a brownie cutter. They are deeper than a cookie cutter and come in round, square and rectangle shapes. Joanns and Michales both sell them. HTH, good luck.

KATHIESKREATIONS Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 3:36pm
post #6 of 7

icon_biggrin.gif Thank you so much, Joyfull4444! This is exactly what I was looking for. Another CCer mentioned going to GSA & I did, but never came across these. Thanks to everyone else for your responses too. That's what I love about CC....there are always people here that have the knowledge & best ideas & are willing to share with everyone. icon_wink.gif

Joyfull4444 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:04pm
post #7 of 7

Your welcome Kathie

I forgot to mention the mini cheesecake pan in my reply. It has individual rounds but only 12. I purchased one not long ago on sale and mine is quite sturdy. The bottom of each round is removable so might be a bonus for removing small cakes. I've not used mine for cake so not sure if a bit of batter would seep out of the removable bottom disc, but its worth a look at for the price alone as two of these pans would be less than the one pan from GSA.

Quote by @%username% on %date%