Another Name Thread

Business By tjwolf1 Updated 20 Apr 2010 , 3:12am by Sweet-Sensation-Cakery

tjwolf1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tjwolf1 Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 3:17am
post #1 of 10

Ok, so I know this is like the trillionth business name thread. However, I am trying to come up with mine and have thought of a few and would like to bounce them off of somebody. I've tried asking my husband, but his idea of a good name is "Jodi's Cakes"... how creative. He did have a good funny one, but I'm not sure how appropriate it is for this site, and it's definitely not one I'd even consider using icon_twisted.gif . So, here's what I've come up with that I'm really considering:

Batter of Beauty
Better Batter Cakes
Better Batter Bakery (say that 3 times fast)
Frosted Memories

So, that's about all I've got for good ones. Battered Beginnings might be a bit much, but it is creative icon_wink.gif

9 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 2:10pm
post #2 of 10

My favorite of your list is Frosted Memories. Battered Beginnings and Batter of Beauty conjure up bad images for me, like battered wives. That could just be me, though. icon_smile.gif The other two (as you mentioned) are a little tricky to say and remind me of the old Betty Crocker butter commercials--better butter for better batter. Just my 2 cents. icon_smile.gif

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 2:20pm
post #3 of 10

Frosted Memories, or Jodi's Frosted Memories. I agree with pp on the others you have listed.

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 2:22pm
post #4 of 10

frosted memories... definately

KarmaStew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarmaStew Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 10

nope

tjwolf1 Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 2:22am
post #6 of 10

Thank you for all of your input. I'm thinking I might go with Frosted Memories. However, I would welcom any other suggestions.

Thanks

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 4:14am
post #7 of 10

I suggest you do a search to make sure that name is not already registered to someone else. Example http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=opera&hs=QNw&rls=en&q=frosted+memories&btnG=Search&aq=f&aqi=g10&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=.

There is a fabric and a bakery in just the first page.

KKristy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKristy Posted 15 Apr 2010 , 12:32pm
post #8 of 10

tjwolf1,
Good luck choosing your name ! It is so hard to find a name that has not already been used for some other business....(what is is with husbands? mine wanted to call our bakery "kristy's cakes" too)
Since frosted memories is already taken, maybe Jodi's Frosted Memories ?

tjwolf1 Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 2:42am
post #9 of 10

I have decided to go with Frosted Memories Bakery. Already have the website paid for. Just have to create it. Thanks for all of your help.

Sweet-Sensation-Cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Sensation-Cakery Posted 20 Apr 2010 , 3:12am
post #10 of 10

Be careful posting your business name. If you have a name its best to copyright it first. Because so one has acutally copied my name and is using it on facebook

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%