Egg Free Wedding Cake Recipe???

Baking By Coffeegrl Updated 25 Apr 2010 , 5:03pm by Coffeegrl

Coffeegrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coffeegrl Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 2:58am
post #1 of 3

Hi all. I'm wondering if anyone has a good, dense, egg free cake recipe - I don't like to use egg replacers. for my shaped cakes I use a mix with butter and soda water as my liquids and it works quite well, I often use vegan recipes and replace the soy/juice with milk or butter - but I've never made a wedding cake before so I'm not sure how dense it needs to be - any help from the experts icon_smile.gif would be very apprieciated.

Thanks icon_smile.gif

2 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 14 Apr 2010 , 3:06am
post #2 of 3

The cakes only needs to be sturdy enough to support the weight of their decorations. icon_smile.gif

It's the job of the cake support system to bear the weight of the tiers above; the cakes below bear no weight except for their own decorations.

Everything you need to know to make, decorate and assemble tiered/stacked/layer cakes:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-605188-.html

HTH

Coffeegrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coffeegrl Posted 25 Apr 2010 , 5:03pm
post #3 of 3

Hahaha, I just found this through a google search (for egg free wedding cake icon_smile.gif), I must not have clicked it to email me when a response was posted. Thanks for the link - what an awesome site! I've learned that vegan recipes, subbed with butter and milk instead of marg and juice icon_smile.gif are amazing - when I create something worth posting a pic of I will icon_smile.gif Thanks again, I learn so much on this site!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%